[c-nsp] IPAM and billing systems

David LaPorte david_laporte at harvard.edu
Fri Nov 4 08:34:00 EDT 2011

We've built some custom patches on top of RANCID to pull routing tables.
 Using that, in addition to using "tags" in interface descriptions,
we're able easily post-process RANCID's output into topology and
ownership info that we store in a database.  Using that data, we're able
to generate reports, tie networks to billing/notification contacts, and
provide whois-type functions.  Since RANCID runs every hour, the data is
always fresh.

I'd be happy to discuss the nuts and bolts if you're interested.

Dave