[c-nsp] BFD on port channel

Ruslan Pustovoytov rus-p at inbox.ru
Tue Nov 8 03:06:31 EST 2011

We use BFD between ASR9k and ALU 7750SR.
ASR configured to do one session for bundle because ALU cannot do BFD
session per link.
So, ASR selects one port from bundle and sends BFD packet over it.
ALU does BFD on RP, one session for etherchannel, but it sends BFD
packets into each link consecutively, first link, second link and so on
to monitor a whole bundle.
In such a way to prevent ASR from timing out bfd session due to small
number of packet hit  for bfd agent we set multiplayer on ASR side to
relatively big value.
Bundle resides on different card in both routers.
And it works.