[c-nsp] MPLS/VPN QoS on asr1001

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Tue Nov 22 12:42:49 EST 2011

> Can someone give me a hint about MPLS/VPN QoS mapping on an asr1001.
> I have 4 that needs to enablet for QoS, and I'we been looking at some
> reference guides.
> I would like to make a "shot pipe" implementation with five classes.
> Most all documentation have a mapping  between the experimental and
the cos
> value.
> Is there a reason for this ??,

reason could be that you've been looking at PFC QoS (or Catalyst QoS)
documents which are based on the internal cos concept. This does not
apply to the ASR1k (or most other "router" platforms).

> isn't possible to use the DIFF-serv value
> for the mapping between mlps and customer interface
> We normally have 2 or 3 mpls interface per box and 2 CE interfaces.

Please look at
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk436/tk428/technologies_tech_note09186a
008022ad7e.shtml#shortpipe, you should be able to use this config
example when drafting your QoS for the ASR1k.. Not sure if you want to
do any remarking on your P devices, if not, you can keep the P config
much simpler than illustrated in the above URL

	oli