[c-nsp] vss and mlq qos 10g-only command

Tóth András diosbejgli at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 07:32:22 EST 2011

Hi Arne,

When you enter the mls qos 10g-only command, a supervisor engine with
both 1-Gigabit and 10-Gigabit Ethernet uplink ports reallocates the
interface queue capacity to improve the performance of its 10-Gigabit
Ethernet ports. The reallocation is possible only in 10g-only mode, in
which the supervisor engine's 1-Gigabit Ethernet ports are not used.
In the normal mode, when all supervisor engine ports are active, the
queue structure is 2q4t on receive and 1p3q4t on transmit. In 10g-only
mode, the queue structure is 8q4t on receive and 1p7q4t on transmit.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/qos/command/reference/qos_m2.html#wp1041041

Andras