[c-nsp] ME3600 IOS / SPAN

Cory Ayers cayers at ena.com
Mon Nov 28 09:46:42 EST 2011

Mark,

> We've also been struck by an interesting one that Cisco
> still can't figure out. Initial configuration contains the
> 'name' option to the 'ip route' command. Log into the
> switch, make a change, and the 'name' portion disappears. We
> caught this on RANCID, showed it to Cisco, but they can't
> reproduce it. It's still happening today, as we have tons of
> these boxes.

FWIW We've seen the same static route name behavior with 3560s running 12.2(50)SE.  Occasionally the names disappear from the routes.  You can re-apply the configuration from Rancid to put them back, and at some point later they disappear again.  We didn't dig into it as it was only a minor annoyance for where we have 3560s deployed.