[c-nsp] ASA vs. ASR for large Wireless NAT deployment ?

Tom Lanyon tom+c-nsp at oneshoeco.com
Wed Nov 30 18:54:25 EST 2011

On 01/12/2011, at 4:16 AM, Mark Tinka wrote:
>> What are people using for an internal NAT64 prefix?
>
> We are using a /96 from within our PA allocation.

Good to know.

> One thing IOS XE seems to do is accept only one Pref64
> prefixes for the entire chassis. We have scenarios where we
> might want to have multiple Pre64 prefixes in the same NAT64
> router. Pushing Cisco on that.

My understanding from the options available in the IOS XE CLI (we're on 3.4.0aS) is that I can assign another pref64 to an interface, instead of using the globally assigned prefix.

(config)# int gi0/0/2
(config-int)# nat64 prefix stateful fd65::/96
#show nat64 prefix stateful interface

Stateful Prefixes

Interface
   NAT64 Enabled Global Prefix