[c-nsp] Cisco and third party transceivers

Martin T m4rtntns at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 18:15:46 EDT 2011

Mikael,
this SFP in Gi1/0/1 which I used as an example in my previous email is
bought from China from noname manufacturer and doesn't work without
"service unsupported-transciever" if I remember correctly. At least
the IDPROM of this SFP doesn't look like a Cisco one, does it?
However, it supports DDM just fine as I showed.

Nick,
I haven't worked much with newer Cisco switching products, but it's
sad to hear this. Do you happen to know some particular products? At
least Flexoptix would be happy about such trends :)

regards,
martin