[c-nsp] Log messages saying %MCAST-SP-3-QUERY_INT_MISMATCH

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Oct 7 06:42:59 EDT 2011

A couple of our 6500/sup720 are logging:

%MCAST-SP-3-QUERY_INT_MISMATCH: Snooping Querier received a non-matching
query interval (125000 msec)

...quite frequently. This is annoying, because it fills the logs and
(curse you cisco!) it doesn't say from whom it "received" a non-matching
blah, or even what interface.

This is a really busy box, so a debug or packet capture isn't a great
way to find the cause. Any suggestions? And I'd be grateful if those of
you about to say "just ignore it" could assume I'm aware of that option
and move on ;o)

I've already tried examining the output of "sh ip igmp int", and
everything appears at the defaults of 60 seconds, so I don't think it is
showing up there.

Cheers,
Phil