[c-nsp] ASR9k CWDM Optics

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Sun Oct 16 05:13:07 EDT 2011

On Sunday, October 16, 2011 03:44:42 AM Nick Hilliard wrote:

> Lots.  I have used Transmode and MRV and very much like
> both of them. Other people say lots of good things about
> Adva, Ciena, Cisco, Ekinops, Huawei, etc.

We use Tellabs, and it works.

I'm quite impressed by Infinera, particularly if you're the
kind of shop that will be pushing no less than 10Gbps hauls
across your backbone, and also need to extend GMPLS
awareness into the IP network.

The problem with IPoDWDM and optical kit is that most
haven't been built for colored port density, Infinera
included.

You'd expect that traditional telco guys won't expect to be
NNI'ing with ISP's at the DWDM layer :-).

Mark.