[c-nsp] 10/100/1000 copper SFP in ASR9k / autoneg

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Wed Oct 19 09:16:48 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 06:34:08PM +0800, Brett Looney wrote:
> Not helping, I know. Channelling Gert.

*wake up*

I think this is all just logical.  Look at the PA-FE-TX and PA-2FE-TX
on 7200s.  Both use chips that are perfectly capable of autoneg, but
only the 2FE actually does it.  (I'm not sure whether the PYH on the FE
can do 10mbit, but as far as I understand, nway autoneg for half/full
duplex is not a function of the PHY, and thus *should* be possible).

So someone just changed jobs from the 7200 BU to the ASR9k BU, and
brings lots of job experience with him.

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de