[c-nsp] ME 3600X questions

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Fri Sep 2 05:59:51 EDT 2011

On Friday, September 02, 2011 02:15:06 PM Vincent Touchard
wrote:

> While speaking of 3600X, we are thinking about using 2 of
> them at each end of a 10G point-to-point WAN link,
> possibly running VPLS (not sure we really need this,
> QinQ may suffise). According to our SE, VPLS is
> supported but they have never tested our topology (ie
> only 2 boxes put back to back) and are appearantly not
> 100% sure it will work.

If your topology is just these 2 devices back-to-back, why
would you want to complicate your life with things like VPLS
and such?

802.1Q Trunking should be simple enough. You could even do
some IP routing if necessary, but I think VPLS would be
overkill in this topology.

Cheers,

Mark.