[c-nsp] Regain CLI access with snmp sets?

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Thu Sep 8 17:57:25 EDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-09-08 at 14:40 -0700, Mike wrote:
> 	I do have, however, a writable snmp community string. So I am wondering
> if it would be possible to update the running config using snmp in order
> to give me telnet access to this unit? It would beat a trip back out
> there and would serve my cisco education well too. So how about it, any
> takers?

Example of what the others are talking about:

 snmpset -v 2c -c <community> <target host> OLD-CISCO-SYS-MIB::netConfigSet.<tftp-server> s <config-file>

And <tftp-server> is dotted decimal. And <config-file> is a path
relative to you TFTP root. Example:

 snmpset -v 2c -c private 192.0.2.10 OLD-CISCO-SYS-MIB::netConfigSet.192.0.2.50 s new-config.text

--
Peter