[c-nsp] VPLS redundancy design

omar parihuana omar.parihuana at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 01:52:09 EDT 2011

Hi list,

Please could you help me with this matter?

I have three ASR9006 in Ring topology that provide L2VPN and L3VPN services.
I would like to provide redundancy to a VPLS customer that uses conventional
35xx Switches in the remote office. The topology´s branch consist in two
3550 linked via L2 portchannel, now the idea is connect both switches to one
PE using 802.1Q per uplink. we need  that if one uplink fail the other one
forward the traffic  I mean a classic spanning tree between both 3550 and
the ASR Ports.. is it possible that configuration? the customer's vlan must
be forwarded to other PEs using L2VPN (VPLS) in brief we need to provide
uplink redundancy to the customer office that use two switches running
classic Spanning Tree.

Rgds.

--
Omar E.P.T