[c-nsp] P2MP MPLS TE

Vitkovsky, Adam avitkovsky at emea.att.com
Mon Sep 19 07:58:57 EDT 2011

Hi there,
I'm a bit confused with this one
Is anyone using this in the production network please? I'd like to understand in which scenarios these p2mp te-tunnels are being used
Was this only meant for m-cast carried in the Global table?
I see how mldp can supersede the GRE as well as the default and data MDTs in MVPNs -but don't see how I'd leverage p2mp mpls-te to carry multicast in the SP core
I would really appreciate if anyone could shed some light on the technology or point out some meaningful documentation
adam