[c-nsp] N7k as Enterprise core MPLS P/PE

cisconsp at SecureObscure.com cisconsp at SecureObscure.com
Thu Sep 29 13:36:21 EDT 2011

To be honest, that was our thought as well. We have a 7k down in the lab
right now and we are burning it up trying to get L3vpn, Mvpn, TE, RSVP,
6vpe, with all the usual fixings up and running. The only major area where a
real router blows the 7k out of the water is to do QOS. If you are looking
at it from an enterprise perspective, it fits the bill rather nicely though.

The only reason that it hasn't been done before is because all of the MPLS
features were first released this summer in NXOS 5.2. It does indeed feel
very "first release of code" in some of its behavior. I have already thrown
a couple feature enhancement requests over the wall though and we will
hopefully have any of our concerns addressed before rolling one of these out
into production.

If you would like to test something on our lab 7k PE or talk offline just
shoot me an email. I know I'm not the only person on the list doing very
similar testing right now with the 7k/9k PE/P roles. (>.> looking at you Q.)

John