[c-nsp] C3550-12T - Gig copper ports won't link at 1Gb

graham graham at g-rock.net
Sun Apr 15 23:13:35 EDT 2012

Hi Keegan,

Yes - the default is auto/auto on both ends, which results in the link
showing down.  I can only get the link up if I hardcode the interface to
100.

I did reply back to the list earlier from your initial response, with
regards to the other ends:

"Other end has been two different HP Proliant Servers and a Mikrotik
RB1100AH router. The servers were set to auto, and the MT I played around
with the speed/duplex hardset and auto. I have tested these against a 3560G
and can link up @ 1Gb no problem. One of the server is on gi0/2 right now,
set to auto and it's doing 100/full (auto)."

With that, I am going to change out the cabling and go from there.  It's the
same cabling that I have used on the 3560G ... But maybe there is still
something wrong with it ...

Thanks,

-graham