[c-nsp] ASR-1K problem with old PPPoE clients.

Mike mike-cisconsplist at tiedyenetworks.com
Mon Apr 23 14:14:17 EDT 2012

On 04/23/2012 10:23 AM, Ariel Weher wrote:
> Hi folks!
>
> I'm facing some problems with our brand new asr 1002's.
>
> We're having some issues with the clients being migrated from the old
> 7200-NPEG1 to the new BRAS with the following symptoms:
>
> The client (mostly old OSes like W2K and very old linux like debian potato)
> connects successfully, got an IP address and all of the PPP parameters,
> there is no traffic between the user and the net. Other users connects to
> the same BRAS without problems.

So basic troubleshooting -

	Do the clients wind up with a 'default route' after connecting?
	Can the clients ping a loopback or the pointtopoint address of the router?

	If they can ping the asr-1k, then the questions would be where do their
packets do (routing table)? If they can't, then I'd bet you can look at
the client and see some obvious reason there.

$0.02

Mike-