[c-nsp] An observation: 512k default max-prefix in IOS-XR

Phil Bedard philxor at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 17:25:32 EDT 2012

If you are willing to spend the money on the latest gen cards, the Typhoon
linecards support 4M IPv4/2M IPv6 in the FIB along with 2M MACs.  There
are no different scale profiles for the cards to monkey around with
either.

Not really part of this conversation but I just ran across this somewhat
amusing message on a Typhoon card.

LC/0/0/CPU0:Apr 29 22:17:59.355 : rsi_agent[306]:
%OS-RSI_AGENT-6-CARD_ROLE_CHANGE : Based on the card configuration/type,
the AFI IPv6 role of the card has changed from Invalid to Not Interested

Phil