[c-nsp] Cisco VSS upgrade - time needed?

Matthieu MICHAUD matthieu at nxdomain.fr
Fri Aug 31 10:50:24 EDT 2012

Hello,

According my little experience on this (I have done that around 10 times) 2
hours would be enough if carefully planned.
In practice I have done that in half an hour with an actual outage of 15
minutes.

If you did not already done so I advise you to read these :
-
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps9336/products_tech_note09186a0080a7c837.shtml
-
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps9336/products_tech_note09186a0080a7c74c.shtml

I would also strongly recommend you to test the dual active scenario. Other
mailing list members could add it is really unlikely to happen.
They would be right if nobody tests it. But trust me it is not so uncommon
if you have regular DRP exercise.
Right now I can think of at least half a dozen lazy ass (including myself)
convinced that triggering this scenario by shutting down the VSL links is
clever.

--
Matthieu