[c-nsp] Dial-Backup / OSPF

Vitkovsky, Adam avitkovsky at emea.att.com
Thu Feb 23 05:00:30 EST 2012

Just enable the "ip ospf demand-circuit" cmd under the dial backup interfaces

The LSAs are than exchanged only once with DNA bit set, periodic refresh (30 min by default) is suppressed and LSAs are sent only when there's topology change -therefore the remote site should be conf at least as stub (to minimize the impact of topology changes)
Also periodic hellos are suppressed
-though the adj remains up even when the dial interface goes down/up(spoofing)

Search for ospf demand circuit feature

adam