[c-nsp] Nexus debug output

Tim Stevenson tstevens at cisco.com
Tue Jan 3 16:32:27 EST 2012

Hi Bob,

What are you pinging? I assume it's something out the mgmt0
interface. In this case, debug ip packet detail will not generate any
output - many debugs are applicable to the inband interface only (as
in this case).

One alternative if you want to capture mgmt0 traffic is to use the
ethanalyzer, eg something like:

ethan local int mgmt capture-filter "icmp" limit-captured-frames 20
detail > bootflash:foo

etc.

Or, if you're just trying to see how the debug logfile works, ping
something connected to something other than mgmt0.

Hope that helps,
Tim

At 12:46 PM 1/3/2012, Bob Sinclair stated:

Tim Stevenson, tstevens at cisco.com
Routing & Switching CCIE #5561
Distinguished Technical Marketing Engineer, Cisco Nexus 7000
Cisco - http://www.cisco.com
IP Phone: 408-526-6759