[c-nsp] Flow tools

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Wed Jan 18 08:21:44 EST 2012

On Wed, 2012-01-18 at 13:10 +0000, Dobbins, Roland wrote:
> One can check one's 6500s in order to see if table insertion errors
> are occurring, and I recommend doing so for anyone who's running
> pre-Sup2T 6500s.

And for posterity: Check this with e.g. "show mls netflow
table-contention detailed", which outputs something like this:

Earl in Module 5
Detailed Netflow CAM (TCAM and ICAM) Utilization
TCAM Utilization             :	 62%
ICAM Utilization             :	 0%
Netflow TCAM count           :	 81879
Netflow ICAM count           :	 1
Netflow Creation Failures    :	 0
Netflow CAM aliases          :	 0
Earl in Module 6
Detailed Netflow CAM (TCAM and ICAM) Utilization
TCAM Utilization             :	 25%
ICAM Utilization             :	 0%
Netflow TCAM count           :	 33183
Netflow ICAM count           :	 1
Netflow Creation Failures    :	 0
Netflow CAM aliases          :	 0

The "Netflow Creation Failures" is the important bit.

--
Peter