[c-nsp] Cisco ASA and ipads

Dobbins, Roland rdobbins at arbor.net
Sun Jan 29 22:47:46 EST 2012

On Jan 30, 2012, at 9:54 AM, Thomason, Simon wrote:

> have the ASA aware that the device connecting is an IPAD and heavily restrict its access.

Why does being an iPad make a device somehow undesirable and deserving of heavy restrictions?

It can be argued that the iPad is at least superficially more secure than general-purpose computers.  If I were to differentiate access policies between iPads and general-purpose computers (which I can't imagine having a need to do), I'd be inclined to give the iPads *more* privileges than the general-purpose computers, not less.

		The basis of optimism is sheer terror.

			  -- Oscar Wilde