[c-nsp] 7600 w/ WS-SUP720-3B IOS 15.x

N. Max Pierson nmaxpierson at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 15:53:10 EDT 2012

Just back catching up to this thread....

> Well, thanks for clarifying.  The VSS720-10G-3C is not yet EOX (at least
as far as I have noticed) so maybe there is still hope...

We are in the same boat Gert. We recently purchased a few 3C SUP's as a
hardware refresh and found out that 15.0SY will not be supported (at least
at the moment, probably never based on what I've been told).

I have some 2T's on order and will start testing as soon as they arrive, so
at the moment, we've stopped ordering 3C's as part of the refresh. We
currently have ~400 6500's that are all 3B's  ..... so we're probably going
to hold off on the refresh untill I can get further clarification from our
SE about the matter.

I think I have this slide from the ones I saved presented at Live this year
that Lukasz is referring to, but I don't think I'm allowed to post them to
a public list being that they are Cisco confidential and part of NDA if i'm
not mistaken.

If someone from Cisco wants to correct me on this, i'd be happy to post it
for others to have if I can find it.

Regards,
Max