[c-nsp] acl on bvi in ios xr (9k) 4.1.2

Mack McBride mack.mcbride at viawest.com
Mon Jul 23 12:53:07 EDT 2012

For the older boxes that aren't getting larger tcam, FIB compression is the only way to avoid fork lift upgrades to less than optimal boxes.

In a mixed colo managed hosting environment, we need an device that will support RSTP.
MSTP is not an option as changes within a customer environment can affect other customer environments.

7K mpls support is still incomplete.

The routing table is expected to exceed 640K in between 18 and 24 months.
The routing table growth is expected to go exponential as IPv4 space is exhausted and larger blocks are broken down and sold off.
The actual growth curve is hard to predict but expect over 1 million routes within 5 years.

Mack