[c-nsp] Unsupported SFP on Cisco 2960

John Gill johgill at cisco.com
Wed Jul 25 15:51:30 EDT 2012

The SFP is a standard, and if there is any problem with that link, it is
just a reasonable expectation that you won't ask TAC to troubleshoot it
or tell you what is wrong with it, and obviously can't replace it.

There are certainly certified SFPs that work great and others that will
be flaky.  If cisco makes a flaky model, it's our responsibility to
support/replace/fix that issue.  If you have a problem with a 3rd party
SFP, you would just need to take it up with them.

Regards,
John Gill
cisco