[c-nsp] DHCP & NAT router limitations

Richard Clayton sledge121 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 08:44:35 EDT 2012

I know that with Packet Marking, NAT and Firewall enabled with 512byte
frames you will get 50Mbps (symmetric) throughput out of a 2921 (cpu
running at 75%)

If this were a router to provide Internet to end users then you would have
more traffic dowload than upload and with 50Mb download and say an upload
of around 25% of that then the cpu would probably tick over at around 40%.
If you don't need Firewall and Marking then a lower model router would do,
I reckon a 1921, not sure of the G1's only tested G2's

Thanks
Rick