[c-nsp] 6500 10/100 line cards with 802.3af daughter card

Chris Knipe savage at savage.za.org
Mon Jun 4 05:36:58 EDT 2012

Hi All,

Can anyone confirm whether an WS-X6348-RJ-45 (48 Port 10/100 line
card), with an WS-F6K-48-AF (802.3af POE Injector) together will
provide an working PoE system for SNOM telephones?

FYI: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/hardware/Config_Notes/78_10826.html

I am yet to find an working solution (tried some 3750 PoE switches
too) that will provide an working PoE implementation for our
telephones... I am hoping that someone can confirm for me whether the
802.3af will work or not, considering the cost of these daughter
cards.  I'd hate to purchase the 20+ cards we require, only to find
out afterwords it does not work as we expected.

Anyone out there using them with SNOM?? :)

--

Regards,
Chris Knipe

--