[c-nsp] ASR9000/RSP440 Console Issue

chip chip.gwyn at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 14:40:53 EDT 2012

Hi all,

  Just installed some brand spanking new RSP440's into a couple of
ASR9006's and having a helluva time with the console connection.
Trying to setup the intial root user account and password it seems to
ignore input for a few minutes, then randomly works.  After you do
finally get into IOSXR trying to paste anything in through the console
gives some kind of ASCII input error for every character you try
pasting in.  My SE had me apply a couple of SMU's but doesn't seem to
help.  Looks like XR v4.2.1 dropped today so I'll give that a shot.
Just wondering if anyone else has seen or experienced this.  The
console connection works just fine on RSP4G's and a Sup720 and this
happening on multiple RSP400's in multiple chassis.

Thanks all!

--chip

--
Just my $.02, your mileage may vary,  batteries not included, etc....