[c-nsp] Nexus 7k netflow on SVIs / CLI hangs

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Jun 12 12:30:37 EDT 2012

All,

I have a TAC case open on this, but it's been a couple of days without a
reply so far. I'm wondering if anyone here can comment.

We've just turned up a pair of Nexus 7009 routers running 5.2(4) and
8-port 10G M1 linecards. They're doing IPv4/IPv6 in the default VRF, as
well as in several L3VPN.

I ran into a really weird problem trying to attach a flow monitor to an
SVI interface (which we use for "style" parity). Basically, the command
didn't seem to "take" properly - it was absent from the NVGEN although
the "show flow" commands confirmed it. Worse, trying to put a 2nd flow
monitor on (e.g. IPv6 ingress, egress) caused a CLI hang - I had to
Ctrl+C the command. At that point, the box was really confused, and
attempts to "no int VlanXX" cause a long pause, followed by a "Service
not responding" error message.

Does anyone have Netflow on SVIs working on this platform/NX-OS version?