[c-nsp] CEF and multicast on a 3750

John Gill johgill at cisco.com
Tue Jun 26 11:59:49 EDT 2012

Luckily, buffering issues are easy to check.  Look for output drops in
"show interface" as well as "sh plat port-asic stats drop gi x/y/z"

Don't forget, as some others have touched on, state changes.  If TCNs
occur, we fast-age mac addresses - including IGMP-learned.

Who is the mrouter/querier?  Does this device always have igmp/mrouter
state?  IGMP join/leave activity should be investigated.

It's an important distinction to see if you are missing traffic on all
receivers, or a subset.

Regards,
John Gill
cisco