[c-nsp] ASR9K limitations

Sam Silvester sam.silvester at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 03:33:00 EDT 2012

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 7:26 AM, MKS <rekordmeister at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does the ASR9K halv the tcam space like 7600 when enabling uRPF?

I've actually been having this discussion with my SE for a little
while now. I have the original line cards (I believe they are called
'Trident' rather than the newer 'Typhoon' cards) and they supposedly
support 1.3 million IPv4 routes.

I've not actually yet got a great answer of the interaction between
features (e.g. uRPF, IPv6, MPLS) etc on this.

I've been given a few commands to view usage, but it's not something
that's especially operationally useful.

I have been told however, that the unit will log via SNMP if it starts
getting low, but naturally I'm after something a little more concrete
that I can graph and plan against, but that's yet to happen.

Apart from that, I haven't had any dramatic surprises, apart from
wishing IOS-XR ran on more things (7600s anybody?)

Sam