[c-nsp] 7600 w/ WS-SUP720-3B IOS 15.x

Łukasz Bromirski lukasz at bromirski.net
Sat Jun 30 17:10:26 EDT 2012

On 6/30/12 11:41 AM, Gert Doering wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 01:31:41AM +0200, ?ukasz Bromirski wrote:
>> 15.1S is the same train, save for hardware-dependent features.
>
> That's good news.  What I heard was more like "15.1S is just a relabeled
> 12.2SRE and has not much relationship to 15.0/15.1".

That's more complicated. 12.2SR code went into the common train
that became 15.xS. Some features:

> OTOH since 15.1M is still missing features that 12.2SX/12.2SR have, it
> would be interesting to see where those features went regarding 15.1S
> (like: IPv6 HSRP with global unicast address)...

...are still being synchronized to this tree. That was about the same
time when IOS-XE was split, and many different changes did happen in
Cisco.

I could fill a whole slot on the PLNOG/EURONOG/SWINOG/NANOG just
touching the very basics of what's there and what's not currently, but
the progress you see on the receiving end should be already visible.

Numer of trains is limited, development is more focused, and the
code reuse is progressing.

--
"There's no sense in being precise when |               Łukasz Bromirski
  you don't know what you're talking     |      jid:lbromirski at jabber.org
  about."               John von Neumann |    http://lukasz.bromirski.net