[c-nsp] MPLS load-balancing on ME-3800X

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Tue Mar 6 01:01:47 EST 2012

On Monday, March 05, 2012 06:18:27 PM Tassos
Chatzithomaoglou wrote:

> To correct my first email, i'm looking for ether-channel
> load-balancing of MPLS traffic.

AFAIK, you don't get any MPLS-based load balancing options
for 802.1AX on the ME3600X/3800X as you would on the 6500.

However, we do have some ME3600X's running as pure Layer 2
core switches in some small PoP's, and they are able to load
share MPLS traffic coming from MPLS-speaking/encapsulating
routers. Not quite sure how that is happening, but compared
to the Juniper EX4200's we had there before that failed
completely to do the same, something is happening on the
ME3600X's in a good way.

Just been too busy to follow-up with Cisco.

Maybe Waris can chime in if he sees this.

Mark.