[c-nsp] Layer 3 and locally significant layer 2 on an ES port?

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Fri Mar 9 01:35:16 EST 2012

On (2012-03-08 19:56 -0500), Jason Lixfeld wrote:

> Is there a way to leverage VLAN local significance on a 7600-ES20-GE3CXL port, whilst performing layer 3 termination on that same service instance?  I need to avoid using SVI/global VLAN space.

There is no way not to use global VLAN space in 7600. For QinQ interfaces
ES20 allows mapping them to internal global VLAN-ID, so you can have same
QinQ set in another interface.
ES+ allows this for single tagged interfaces also, giving you illusion of
no global VLAN space.

In ES20 if you want same Q in two interfaces, you must use EVC +
bridge-group, it will never get support for single Q<->internal VLAN-ID
mapping.

--
  ++ytti