[c-nsp] Internet inside a VRF?

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Wed Mar 14 05:04:23 EDT 2012

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 01:12:02PM +1300, Pshem Kowalczyk wrote:
> In my previous role we've done just that. One internet VRF for all
> transit functions, separate vrfs for peering and customers and
> import-export statements to tie them all together.

What is the benefit?  The obvious drawback is "much more complicated,
more possible ways things can blow up, and more effort to setup and
maintain".

(We currently run Internet in the global table, and do not currently
intent to change that due to "if we make it more complicated, people
will make more interesting mistakes")

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de