[c-nsp] real world experience - ASR901 / ASR903

Pshem Kowalczyk pshem.k at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 15:57:38 EDT 2012

Hi,

On 22 March 2012 03:58, Rolf Mendelsohn <rolf-web at internet.ao> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Just really curious regarding these new boxes (ASR901 / ASR903) ...
>
> Has anybody bought them recently?
>
> How is the IOS, relatively stable?
>
> How many routes (901), BGP, MPLS, IPv6??
>
> Does anybody have the ASR903, how is its performance and does anybody have a full table (or two going into one of these).

Not real world, but according to the information I got from Cisco
RSP1A can hold 12k ipv4 routes or 6k ipv6 ones, and RSP1B - 32k ipv4
and 16k ipv6, so nowhere near what's required for full table. I don't
have the numbers for ASR901, but that's mainly a L2 VPN device, so I'd
expect them to be even lower.

kind regards
Pshem