[c-nsp] ipv6 traffic graph

chip chip.gwyn at gmail.com
Mon May 21 18:20:35 EDT 2012

I've been screen scraping "show interfaces accounting" and taking the
data from the IPv6 row and shoving it into RRD.  Be aware of the
following however:

The Pkts Out and Chars Out fields display IPv6 packet counts only. The
Pkts In and Chars In fields display both IPv4 and IPv6 packet counts,
except for tunnel interfaces. For tunnel interfaces, the IPv6 input
packets are counted as IPv6 packets only.

Due to hardware limitations on the ASIC, PFC IPv4 and IPv6 packets
cannot be differentiated in the Pkts In and Chars In fields for IP
count the IPv6 and IPv4 packets that are hardware forwarded. The Pkts
In and Chars In fields for IPv6 only count software-forwarded packets.
The IP Pkts Out and Chars Out fields show IPv4 packets, and the IPv6
Pkts Out and Chars Out fields show IPv6 packets.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/interface/command/reference/ir_s4.html#wp1241100

Hope that helps a bit.

--chip

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 5:11 PM, Matteo Sgalaberni <sgala at sgala.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> how do you graph your ipv6 traffic on a cisco router if you have an interface that route v4 and v6 mixed traffic?
>
> Does exist a MIB to do this or whatever else?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Matteo

Just my $.02, your mileage may vary,  batteries not included, etc....