[c-nsp] Lot of input errors on a NPE-G1 interface

Chris Gotstein chris at uplogon.com
Wed May 23 15:18:55 EDT 2012

%Warning: portfast should only be enabled on ports connected to a single
host. Connecting hubs, concentrators,  switches, bridges, etc… to this
interface  when portfast is enabled, can cause temporary bridging loops.

My understanding of this was a router would be included as well since
it's used to connect multiple hosts.  I only enable portfast on ports
connected to end-user devices.  I don't see a good reason to enable it
on ports connected to routers, but that's just how it was explained to
me, I very well could be wrong.

--
Chris Gotstein, Network Engineer, U.P. Logon/Computer Connection U.P.
http://uplogon.com | +1 906 774 4847 | chris at uplogon.com