[c-nsp] Frustration with XR "show interface" and pipe commands

John Neiberger jneiberger at gmail.com
Thu May 24 10:19:40 EDT 2012

Someone asked me how to do something very simple and I'm finding it
very difficult! He wants to do a "show interface" command and show
only lines with "up" or "rate" in it. In IOS, this was simply "show
int | i up|rate". That second pipe for OR does not seem to work in XR
and we can't figure out how to do something this simple. I even tried
piping the command to egrep and frgrep, but couldn't figure out how to
do an OR in a way that XR understands.

Any ideas how to pipe the output of a command through an "include"
that has an OR operator?