[c-nsp] Cisco Nexus 5548UP w/Fibre Channel

Blecker, Christoph christoph.blecker at ubc.ca
Thu May 24 16:30:40 EDT 2012

Hello,
I'm wondering if anyone has any experience/tips/advice when running Fibre Channel on the Nexus 5548UP platform. I've done a little bit of research, and understand that the FC ports have to start at the back end of the chassis, and that to switch a port from Ethernet mode over to FC mode, you need to reload the whole switch. However, I'm wondering if there are any other operational issues anybody has run into (IOS bugs, issues with certain SFPs, things to test/watch out for, etc). We've always had a separate storage fabric from the main data fabric, so it's a new thing to have them both living on the same switch.

Thanks and best regards,
Christoph Blecker