[c-nsp] Nexus 7K NX-OS Upgrade

Tim Stevenson tstevens at cisco.com
Tue Nov 6 18:31:50 EST 2012

Hi Antonio,

The difference between the two procedures is that
"install all" will perform an in-service software
upgrade, ie, this should be non disruptive to the
data plane while the sups and all the modules will upgrade to the new version.

Versus just changing the boot strings and
rebooting, which is clearly disruptive to the
entire system. In the end, both should result in
all sups & modules running the new release.

Not sure what issues you ran into with ISSU,
would at a minimum suggest you check the release
notes to make sure the starting and target releases are compatible etc.

Hope that helps,
Tim

At 03:04 PM 11/6/2012, Antonio Soares mused:

Tim Stevenson, tstevens at cisco.com
Routing & Switching CCIE #5561
Distinguished Technical Marketing Engineer, Cisco Nexus 7000
Cisco - http://www.cisco.com
IP Phone: 408-526-6759