[c-nsp] OSPF redist customer routes

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Nov 13 03:19:01 EST 2012

On 11/13/2012 05:55 AM, CiscoNSP_list CiscoNSP_list wrote:

> Thanks Jay - We already run iBGP(Full mesh under VPNv4) across our
> POPs for vrf solutions....how best to migrate our customer routes
> from ospf->iBGP? (And how to separate our infrastructure IPs(Keep in
> OSPF))

This isn't terribly tricky. Just setup the redistribution into BGP. The
OSPF routes will be preferred but the BGP routes will be present, which
you can verify. Then disable redist into OSPF. "Separation" just means
"only have network statements for your p2p and loopback nets in OSPF".

> A lot of our customers CE's dont support BGP (Or require a license
> upgrade)...so we are stuck(to a degree) with having to support OSPF?

If you do have to use OSPF, redist-ing from the CE OSPF process into BGP
is superior to redist-ing from CE to PE OSPF, because it isolates the PE
OSPF process completely from customer operation.