[c-nsp] label-allocation-mode per-ce Operational experience

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Wed Nov 14 09:42:32 EST 2012

On (2012-11-14 15:25 +0100), Adam Vitkovsky wrote:

> Is anyone using label-allocation-mode per-ce instead of the default
> label-allocation-mode per-prefix in production mpls backbone please?
> If yes, do you have any negative experience?

If you mean XR specifically, the no. I don't run any XR platforms today.

But generally, yes. It does work, but you should understand that it means
you are doing IP lookup in egress. This means that certain hub+spoke
configurations do not work as intended. This also means hardware does more
work to find egress rewrite information, for some platforms it will mean
reduced pps rate.

On positive side, it'll reduce FIB usage.

My personal feeling is, that I would not run it, unless I need to. But this
isn't single correct truth.
--
  ++ytti