[c-nsp] loose uRPF on Sup720/3B

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Wed Nov 14 13:00:29 EST 2012

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 11:55:30AM -0500, Jon Lewis wrote:
> So that suggests that the suppressed drops were suppressed by
> allow-default and that Gert doesn't have full routes on this device, which
> is a given since it's a non-XL 3B.

Actually it is a 3BXL, but it still doesn't have full routes - interesting
enough, for those packets that came up in "debug ip cef drops rpf", I
*did* have routes.  Pointing to other interfaces, though...

So it seems it would sort of do a strict match first, always, and if
that would result in a drop, do the loose/default match second and
"suppress the drop".  But not for all relevant packets.

So the workings of the hardware, and what it actually counts in "show ip int"
is still somewhat of a mystery to me - but it's good to see (and hear) that
it indeed does this in hardware :-)

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de