[c-nsp] sup2t XL with non XL linecards

. . raincity23 at cosmo.com
Thu Nov 22 15:04:23 EST 2012

Hi,

Thanks everyone for the quick response. One follow up:

> It's worth emphasising the words Gert used:
>
> IF YOUR LINE CARD HAS A DFC
>
> i.e. if any line card has a non-XL DFC, you should replace it with a CFC so
that it doesn't force the sup PFC to operate in non-XL mode

Ok, since I need to do bgp with full tables on the sup2t, I must get sup2t-xl
correct?

For line cards, I'm looking for a 48 port gig card (WS-X6848?), and a 4 to 8
port 10 gig card (WS-X6908 / WS-X6708 ?).

So questions are:

1. Do I need to get XL everywhere (seems to be yes)
2. If not, and I get line cards that don't have a DFC, but all just a CFC, what
is the impact (besides costs a lot less), and is this even possible in the cards
mentioned above (as most just seem to be available with DFC4 or DFC4XL, but not
with a CFC).

Thanks agian!

Alex

--
This e-mail was brought to you by Cosmo Mail
http://www.cosmo.com/