[c-nsp] RIPE 554, availability of required IPv6 features

alan buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Sat Nov 24 10:05:36 EST 2012

Hi,

> Are my assumptions wrong? We're (in part politically) not allowed to
> require anything that only one or two vendors would be able to fulfill,

i'm afraid that you may find only a couple of vondors who actually
care about IPv6 - at least in such a way that they do eg RA gaurd, MLDv2 snooping,
DHCPv6 protection, DAD etc etc as you (rightfully!) require in your new equipment
procurement.

might want to ask those complaining that their kit doesnt do it 'why not?' and
'what timeframe?' as a minimum.  Cisco themselves have only just started to roll
out basic IPv6 stuff (that still doesnt match their IPv4 featureset) to their
lower level switches.....if they expect everyone to run 6500, 4500 or 3750 at the
edge then they are having a laugh.

alan