[c-nsp] RIPE 554, availability of required IPv6 features

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Mon Nov 26 07:23:21 EST 2012

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 01:02:58AM +0100, Peter Rathlev wrote:
> And if we end up modifying the RFP to make the basic IPv6 support
> optional we have hopefully at least sent a signal.

Yes. The signal is "ignore mandatory IPv6 requirements - they will get
dropped to optional anyway" - which is the partyline I hear from
multiple vendors about IPv6 requirements in RFPs. They are very relaxed
about those, and it shows unfortunately.

> And RA guard and ND inspection would be mandatory no matter what.

Mandatory as in "we'll buy 100% more expensive equipment when noone else
delivers that"? Or "we'll buy nothing if nobody delivers that"?

Best regards,
Daniel