[c-nsp] 7201 gig interface limits

Nikolay Shopik shopik at inblock.ru
Thu Nov 29 12:13:47 EST 2012

Hey,

Is there any limitation on integrated gig interfaces? Can I push 900Mbit
on it? I know PA-1GE= have such limitation because of PCI bus IIRC, also
gig0/3 + fa0/0 have their own weirdness (CSCty34020).

We currently doing 700-800Mbit duplex on one of interfaces and I seems
hitting invisible wall. There almost input/output drops like 2 packet/s
max. CPU load is below 50%.

Probably it's Head-of-line blocking on switch port to 7201 which showing
about 50-300 drops/s but that's 0,3% of 110K traffic it currently pushing.

Maybe I'm missing something?