[c-nsp] async HWIC to female rj45?

Colin Whittaker colin at netech.ie
Fri Nov 30 08:53:35 EST 2012

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 01:13:46PM +0100, Gert Doering wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 02:07:57PM +0200, Saku Ytti wrote:
> > It's confusing Cisco does not sell these. I don't want to end up having
> > octopus + dongle + cat5.
>
> What we did was: get octopus, intern, crimp equipment, put octopus cable on
> patch panel.

The other option is to get a back to back rj-45 patch panel

random example:
http://www.excel-networking.com/catalogue/copper/category-5e/patch-panels/category-5e-unscreened-rj45-rj45-through-coupler-panels---black/

I used to use them a lot for demarcs in pops, tell the colo vendor to
deliver the cross connect to Port X and that was usually prepatched to
the appropriate Edge device.

Colin

--
Colin Whittaker					+353 (0)86 8211 965